- The team followed Abolev to his luxury hotel in Europort, and neatly assassinated him – Saiph fired an AV and an APDS round from his sniper rifle at him while he was in the shower; Mel Manabolted one of the guards who went to get help.
- The team got away clean, before the police turned up.
- The team looked into getting hold of some gear in a short timeframe (specifically a box of 20 APDS ammo and some Force 5 binding materials) but didn’t like the premium they’d had have to pay
- They rendezvoused with the Loose Cannons and got everything ready for the assault
- Mel got targeted by the Spirit of Man and was magically terrified by it as a result
- Gabi blew the doors open, while Saiph killed guards who were trying to shoot him.
- Eventually, all three team-members were inside the prison, and were just about able to deal with the two guards in there.
- Saiph’s drones filled the area (and the stairs!) with thick smoke, which impeded the guards making their way down from upstairs
- Gabi was able to unlock the door into the solitary wing and found Malcolm Carella there
- Carella was emphatic that he didn’t want to be rescued; he said there was an S-K Prime killteam waiting for him outside and that he was safer in prison!
- He was prepared to give up the identity of the person he sold the Disc to, though: Hermann Meyer, from Frankfurt.
- The team got Widget’s OK to leave Carella behind, and prepared for their confrontation with the guards coming down the stairs before fleeing to the waiting helicopter…
Clutch of Dragons
Darkest Hour - part five